This week’s a good time to start warming up for Kwanzaa. Here are a few tips:
– Attend a pre-Kwanzaa event.
– Start playing that music (see “Kwanzaa music” post)! Here are some children’s songs: http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/holiday_themes/kwanzaa_songs.html Kinda corny mind you.
– Host a Kwanzaa party for your children complete with our stories, crafts, games, munchies. http://www.toppartyideas.com/kwanzaa-party/
– Get cracking on your zawadi (gifts). Some parents give their children a gift or two prior to Kwanzaa (for some added excitement).
– Decorate your home and workplace. Try to be green by using the same decorations each year.
– Send those e-cards out to friends & family. www.cowriecards.com
– Make some pre-Kwanzaa treats to nibble on ie. cookies shaped like gingerbread people, ankhs, Africa.
– Give young children a few colouring pages ie. http://www.apples4theteacher.com/coloring-pages/kwanzaa/
– Put rings (made of construction paper) on your children’s bedroom doors. Each child pulls off one per day until Dec.26. Alternate the colours of each ring ie. red, black, green.
– Show www.theblackcandle.com to a few folks one day.
– Contact a local journalist about writing an article on Kwanzaa. Offer to be interviewed.