Do you and/or your family celebrate Adwa Day? If so what does that look like? Here are some suggestions:
– Consider doing a water fast until sunset.
– Make a wreath out of local flowers (in remembrance of those who fought in the Battle at Adwa/all Afrikans who participated in wars with colonizers). Feel free to put it on your family altar or in another prominent place.
– Have a feast/party to celebrate. Wear a colour (different one each year) that speaks to the energy required to be victorious in such wars.
– Watch Haile Gerima’s “Adwa.”
– Light a candle.
– Head to an anniversary event (organized by Ethiopians). Sometimes you can find a public one to attend.
– If you like reggae go to a roots’ dance. They’re often organized by Rastas in celebration of Adwa Day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id_3pzPjTd0 Video about the Battle/Victory of Adwa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahlp9EDBiTM Emperor Menelik II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZzpj8nWrY A Teddy Afro song, Tikur Sew.