Do you acknowledge the Victory of Adwa? What does that look like for you? Here are some suggestions:
– Consider doing a water fast until sunset.
– Make a wreath out of local flowers (in remembrance of those who fought in the Battle at Adwa/all Afrikans who passed away in wars with colonizers). Feel free to put it on your family altar or in another prominent place.
-Have a feast/party to celebrate our many victories. Wear a colour (different one each year) that speaks to the energy required to be victorious in such wars.
– Watch Haile Gerima’s film, Adwa. Here’s a clip: http://www.ethiotube.net/video/18416/Adwa-An-African-Victory–A-scene-from-Haile-Gerimas-Adwa
– Light a candle in memory of those who lost their lives.
– Head to an anniversary event (organized by Ethiopians in your area).
– Go to a roots’ dance. Often Rastas organize them in celebration of the day.
– Play “Tikur Sew” (Teddy Afro) and other suitable music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyfK7NLosY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no02WfEA1i0 Happy anniversary clip.